It took Epi-pen over 25 years to sell over 60 million units, meaning that year 5 was just their beginning. That may just as well be the case for me. But i'm still hoping all 60 million people order one of my products instead of the Epi-pen at all. Again, if this is the case, I will have no intention of giving up or selling my company.
This potential for great earnings has really pushed me to follow through to the end of my venture in as much detail as possible. I've learned so much about myself as an entrepreneur, and as a girl who struggles every single day with a life-threatening allergy. Now that I've created it, I know that there is potential for improvement in our lives, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. This product has become my baby, and I want to see it physically made and ready to work.
You have created and developed an amazing venture throughout this class and I am so happy to hear that you want to see it through. I think it is great that you not only want to make a profit, but also make a difference and by sticking with your company, I really think you will have the chance to do this. I do not have allergies, but I know people that do and if one day, I see them with your product, I will know how successful your venture has become. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteJosephine,
ReplyDeleteGreat post on your exit strategy! I really enjoy reading how passionate you are about your idea and how you don’t see yourself selling it off or not being a part of it. Your struggle with a life-threatening allergy gives you first-hand knowledge and I believe is an incredible attribute to have. Good luck with your idea and I hope to see EpiBand in the near future.
Here is the link to “My Exit Strategy” post: http://ent3003blogger.blogspot.com/2016/07/my-exit-strategy.html
I really admire your perseverance with your venture. Your product has the potential to positively impact the lives of many people. It is a slow process for the general public to accept and utilize a new medical application, but in the end it is worth it because people will always turn to the product they trust. I wish you the best of luck with the future of your idea.
ReplyDeleteJosephine,
ReplyDeleteI am excited that you will continue to pursue this venture. This is a product that will help may people. Five years is a short time line. Usually, products like this go through clinical trials which may take 5 years alone. Therefore, do not stress yourself out too much over the time frame, it is a good idea. Good luck!
Great job with this post! I think that it is great that you want to continue to pursue this idea after the class is over. Its amazing how you were able to take something that is really personal and turn it into a life long project. Best of luck and I have a great feeling that this will become very successful within the future of medicine!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I think its awesome that you know what you want to do and that you have learned so much in this class. I also think it is cool how you turned something you care so much about into this business idea. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete