Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Final Reflection

Looking back at my posts from the past 12 weeks, I can definitely recall the emotional rollercoaster. The first few weeks really stand out to me as the most transitionary. Recalling my post, "Bug List" (http://kinetikbalance.blogspot.com/2016/05/bug-list.html) I remember initially looking at the assignment and scoffing to myself at how easy it seemed. I think I was into my fifth or sixth bug when I thought, "Well, I either am really low maintenance or my brain is not thinking out of the box." I went with the latter, mainly because I wanted to believe I had room to grow.

Fast forward to my first interviews, and boy was I nervous. It seemed almost impossible that people would allow me to just walk up to them and ask them questions that may or may not be kind of personal. But then I was interviewing nurses and really enjoying it. By the end of the class, sort of now, I feel like a pro. I love talking to people and I can honestly thank this class because it turns out a silly fear is something I'm really good at it. The worst thing that can truly happen is rejection. Some people say no, and that's okay! That doesn't mean the world is over, that means that people are different, and if nobody was different, all of our ventures wouldn't exist or be profitable. These interviews are definitely my proudest accomplishment (unless I decide tomorrow to be part of the extra credit presentation projects... then that will be my proudest accomplishment).

I do see myself as an entrepreneur. I no longer thing of ideas and feel silly when explaining them. I now can back it up by describing everything I've learned in the class when I describe it, especially through a VRIN analysis. However, I mostly see myself as an entrepreneur because I've already done it. I basically have created an entire business without launching it, and that is pretty impressive.

My final statement to the future ENT students: DO THE ASSIGNMENTS! It sounds pretty silly and like a syllabus statement, but it's true! Just do them. Why? Because you can. Because these are not outrageous assignments and nobody is asking you to bare your soul and run naked around the world. Dr. Pryor is just asking you to step out of your safety zone, take off those training wheels and discover what you can do. You will, and this I promise, be amazed at what you are capable of doing. Once you do each assignment, the realization at what you can achieve will be the mindset that fosters the drive to complete the class with a big, fat A. So go on, and as Shia Le'Bouf says...





No comments:

Post a Comment