Saturday, July 9, 2016

Idea Napkin No.2

1. You
My name is Josephine Rosario and I'm an Economics major at the University of Florida. I am strong-willed, dedicated worker who loves to complete projects, ranging from an art piece or a book to a class assignment or case study, and accomplish my goals. My long-term goal is to graduate this upcoming May and find a career that will challenge me while allowing me to use my greatest talents. I believe these to be communication, time management, leadership and desire to learn. My short-term goal is to finalize my Venture Project for ENT3003, which is the production of a unique epinephrine auto-injector that can save the lives of people with life-threatening allergies.

2. What are you offering to customers?
I am offering a unique band that contains two doses of epinephrine that will be administered immediately through a tiny needle device (unlike the enormous needle in an Epi-pen) the moment histamine enters the body (which occurs as soon as  a life-threatening allergy enters the body). This band is innovative and new and can save the lives of millions of people who fail to bring or properly administer their current large, bulky epinephrine auto-injector. In the future, I plan for the product to also carry an application that can be sent to your phone where it shows clear data any time the product is in use. This includes histamine levels, dose released, etc.

3. Who are you offering it to?
My product does not have any specific demographic or physically featured characteristic. The only similarity in consumers is their life-threatening allergy. This product can be worn by either sex at any age.

4. Why do they care?
These people care because their life is at risk. Having an epinephrine auto-injector, such as the Epi-Pen, requires so much responsibility, much of which young children do not have. And more often than not, it is a young child who experiences these life-threatening reactions. People who do not have their Epi-Pen on them and go into anaphylactic shock can die within minutes. My model will administer it without the fear of injecting yourself with a needle and it will be so immediate that you may not have even known you were about to go into shock, but it will inform you when it is doing so through an alert that will go off.

5. What are your core competencies?  
My core competencies in my project are its innovative design that allows it to be "life proof" and worn 24/7, as allergies can occur at many a time based on what it is. It is also very slim and can be discreetly hidden under clothes so that people don't even know you have it on. Finally, it is immediate and takes away the fear of living, so even if you do go into shock, it will be there to immediately save your life. My core competencies in myself are my determination and belief in this project. So often people work for companies as their representatives to make money; they don't even believe in the project. Furthermore, I'm not just creating a product for others, I'm creating the product for myself. This benefits my ideas drastically because I personally have to be willing and actually want to purchase and wear my own product.

Evaluation:
I believe strongly that my product has the potential to change the world. People have a greater chance of living, and that is one of the strongest desires to purchase something: life dependence. Some psychological models are based on the fact that people buy things in order of need, with safety being the first level of purchases. My product provides this. Furthermore, with my own personal need for this product, I will take it all the way and ensure it will be useful because I, personally, will wear it. Finally, my target market for this product is enormous. Millions and millions of people have allergies, and that right there screams 'Profit.'

Feedback Memo:
After putting my idea in the Thunderdome (as well as gaining feedback in the blog post), I learned what I need to do to make my product the best.

1. I need the product to be slim and flexible, so it can fit the body types of every possible consumer, while not being bulky or dysfunctional to wear under clothing. I explain this in my core competencies of the product.
2. My product has to have a monitor that alerts when it is administering epinephrine, because people may not even know they have gone into shock but it will still give the needle. This is reflected above under the answer to number 4.
3. This product has to have insurance backing it up in case it does not work. I'm still working on that because I'd have to actually develop the product to know if I could have it purchased through health insurance.
4. I need to have a pain-free needle administration. I describe this in section 2.
5. Finally, I should develop an application that allows my product to be easily understood through clear data. This is also described in section 2.

3 comments:

  1. Josephine,
    I have followed your project and idea throughout the semester and it makes me so happy to see it get better and better each time I read a new post of yours. You mention a new concern or improvement with each post, including pain free, flexibility, etc. Your product really does have the capacity to change the world and I hope that your goals and aspirations come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josephine,
    Your product idea is a good one. I think it is unique and it is a necessity for people with extreme allergies. I agree with Erika in the sense that you continue to improve your business model. Hopefully you will able to find a team of engineers that help you produce the product. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post Josephine, you did a really good job with it. I have been reading your other post and I think that throughout this course you have continued to improve and become more knowledgeable on this topic. My boyfriend suffers from sever allergies so I think a product like your will be very helpful to many people with allergies and will make great revenue.

    ReplyDelete