Saturday, June 4, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1

Business: Epi-Band

Opportunity: Providing a way to simplify and ease the lives of those with severe and life-threatening allergies

Solution: A comfort band that encases a blood monitor and wraps around your thigh; it can be worn 24/7 and immediately administers epinephrine when its sensor detects large amounts of histamine in your blood stream

 

7 comments:

  1. Your elevator pitch grabbed my attention and was very informative. I think you have a very interesting solution to your opportunity and the way you presented it in your pitch flowed very well. I am curious as to how this band will work though. How will it monitor blood levels simply by being wrapped around your leg? Will this involve needles, will this device be too bulky on someone’s leg to fit under pants, and do you think it will prevent someone from having to go to the hospital after having a severe allergic reaction? These are just some of the questions that came to my mind when watching your pitch, but I think you have a great start to a device that can be life changing for many individuals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your input Samantha! I definitely agree I could've added some more information here. If you have the time, check out my complete and detailed plan for the Epi-Band in the Thunderdome this week. Hopefully there it will answer all of your questions!

      Delete
  2. Hi Josephine!

    I really liked your elevator pitch! It really caught my attention and it flowed very nicely. The ending was especially nice. I am just wondering what the band will be made out of and how it will be able to sense histamine. Also, do you think that if someone has an allergic reaction, they'll be able to just sit and wait for the band to work? Won't people be freaking out and they'll want to do something? I don't think I could just sit and wait while having a life-threading reaction. Also, will it work as an epi-pen that people will also have to go to the hospital after also? Anyways, great work! I can see how much work you've put into this and it can be something that can save lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josephine,

    I really like your idea and think it can be the new epi-pen. The epi pen is not perfect and sometimes is not within reach of the person that needs it. Do you think that this new model your proposing will need some special type of battery? Also, because it is a 24/7 item, do you think that it will more expensive than the epi pen already is?
    Overall, really nice elevator pitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josephine,

    I really like your idea and think it can be the new epi-pen. The epi pen is not perfect and sometimes is not within reach of the person that needs it. Do you think that this new model your proposing will need some special type of battery? Also, because it is a 24/7 item, do you think that it will more expensive than the epi pen already is?
    Overall, really nice elevator pitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Josephine! I think you were dressed very well for the elevator pitch. I also like how you spoke confidently and used your hands while you spoke, giving it the more natural touch. The only part I feel that you might need improvement on is your gaze. Im not sure if you were looking at lines (if you were, dont worry I did this too in my elevator pitch) or if you were maybe looking at yourself in the screen. But that's pretty much it, other than that I felt that you did your presentation great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your post Josephine, I don't suffer from any allergies but my fiance does so I know the importance of of such an invention. I thought your video was very fun to watch and that you did a great job!. I liked the way you expressed yourself in front of the camera and how much information you know about your idea.I just wonder if this is a product that guys will be interested in buying.

    ReplyDelete