Esproffee (noun): Coffee with a shot of espresso. Similarly known as "A shot in the dark".
I came up with this word a few months ago, actually. Almost every single morning my boyfriend takes out his "poor man's" espresso maker, and makes a double-shot espresso for himself, while I make a pot of coffee. One day I was exhausted, and really needed a pick-me-up, so I told him that if he gave me a shot of his espresso, I would give him half of my coffee. We made the trade, and about an hour later we asked one another if they were as "cracked out" as the other. The answer was yes.
As someone who has not always been a morning person, this esproffee drink began to turn me into one. I started sharing the idea with my friends and sisters, and they actually just thought it was a great idea (not specifically a new one, but an easy way to order what they wanted). I even started saying it to the people who serve me coffee at Know Where Coffee! At first I called it "cospresso," but esproffee seemed to stick more.
To this day, my boyfriend still wakes me up with the same question, "Espresso, coffee or esproffee?" I'd like to think that means my word was a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment