Sunday, June 26, 2016

My Customer's Avatar

My customer image for my Epi-Band product is not very specific. There is no average or typical race, gender, ethnicity or age who has severe allergies. However, I do imagine the customer who would get the most out of it would range from a young child to a pre-teen, about 2-12, who is very active and oftentimes in school or doing extracurricular activities and sports. The reason being that these kids with allergies are often the ones who miss out in these ventures or require special attention in doing so. The Epi-Band would also release a lot of stress for those adults who would originally be in charge of administering and epinephrine auto-injector without the band.

The band will be best for consumers who are active outdoors, doing activities, and not around nearby hospitals. This can range from beach and woodland activities to an everyday house party where someone may accidentally eat the wrong food.

It's kind of difficult to really narrow down my consumer, because I would have to come up with a bias description and it would end up being someone who looks like me and has similar hobbies. This is due to the fact that I am a consumer for my own project. I am the one with a bee sting allergy. I love being outdoors, but am oftentimes limited to what I want to do. However, my cousin who is pretty inactive, lives where its typically cold, and looks very different than me also has the same allergy and is prescribed epi-pens. Do you see where I'm going with this? Anyone can have severe allergies and have a different daily schedule all over the world.

I have everything in common with my consumer, because the only specification is our severe allergy. A deeper specification must require knowledge of their actual allergy. For bee stings or animal related allergies: someone who is oftentimes outdoors. For someone with a food allergy: younger children who are unaware of what they are eating when not around adults.  My product can work for anyone who needs epinephrine. And that cannot be taken very much further.

No comments:

Post a Comment